Monday 20 October 2014

I've started knitting! (Blogtober #15)



I've wanted to learn to knit for a while now, since I started cross stitching in the summer I've been thinking about it. But I didn't want to start right away. After I finished a few cross stitches and I was improving at that I thought I'd give knitting a go. I tried knitting when I was about 15 and I was never very good at it, I think because I didn't really know I could find lots of help online and I chose a gross coloured wool to make a scarf (baby pink and yellow) so I wasn't that bothered about it. But this time I chose colours I actually like and hopefully when I've finished my scarf I'll want to wear it.

So on Saturday I went to John Lewis, mainly to try on watches for my birthday but I also had a little nose around the haberdashery department. Which was great! I chose the colours of yarn I wanted to use and then the woman working there was really helpful and showed me what needles I needed and how to get started which I wasn't expecting at all. It was so helpful and she was really nice!

It's safe to say I've got off to a bit of a rocky start, knitting is really hard! I've probably done about 5 rows and then pulled it all off the needle and started again. About three times. But I'm sticking with it now, no matter how horribly it goes. It's only my first one and it's just practise really.


This is how much I've done so far, it looks a lot better in the photo! There aren't many wholes in it, it's just a bit uneven. And when I say "a bit uneven" I mean "very uneven".
I'm just going to keep going with it and see how long I can make it. Then I'll make a blue one and then a green one. Then I can open my own Etsy shop! (I'm kidding).

No comments:

Post a Comment