Tuesday 14 October 2014

Saltwater (Blogtober #13)



I didn't write anything yesterday and I haven't really got anything to write today, just something I wanted to share.
I found this poem online last night at about 2am and I thought it was beautiful.

"Saltwater"

Everyone who terrifies you is sixty-five percent water.
And everyone you love is made of stardust, and I know sometimes
you cannot even breathe deeply, and
the night sky is no home, and
you have cried yourself to sleep enough times
that you are down to your last two percent, but

nothing is infinite,
not even loss.


You are made of the sea and the stars, and one day
you are going to find yourself again.  

-Finn Butler

I don't know who Finn Butler is, I wasn't able to find much about him online but he is very talented and I hope I come across more of his poetry in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment